Clients this position would support may include, but are not limited to the following:
Commander, Operational Test & Evaluation Force (COTF)- The Navy’s Operational Test and Evaluation Force that provides independent and objective evaluation of the operational effectiveness and suitability of naval aviation, surface, subsurface, expeditionary, C4I, cryptologic, and space systems in support of DoD and Navy acquisition and fleet introduction decisions
F35 Joint Program Office (JPO), Office of the Chief Strategy Officer (OCSO)- DoD’s focal point for defining affordable next generation strike aircraft weapon systems for the Navy, Air Force, Marines, and US allies
OPNAV N94- Development and implementation of Test and Evaluation policies for naval platforms regarding Science and Technology, T&E, Training Ranges and Targets
Forge Forward is looking to hire a Principal to support our growing firm located in New York, NY.
The two primary components to this position include leading the Strategy Operations Practice Area and partnering with the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) for growth of existing and new target markets.
The ideal candidate has prior government experience or has consulted to the U.S. government in the defense or transportation markets. You must have management consulting and change management expertise, attention to detail across large portfolios and teams and thrive in a fast paced and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and sometimes ambiguous) environment.
The Principal will work closely with the company’s CSO to ensure efficient and smooth daily operations, staff and client portfolio alignment, resourcing, and task management. You will need strategic, operational, programmatic experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work in parallel as an effective manager with ‘Chief of Staff’ rigor to manage all areas.
Ultimately, we are seeking candidates who are interested in longer term growth and partnership development of business within government management consulting across the agencies of Transportation, Defense, Health & Human Services, Veteran Affairs and Homeland Security. You must have a personal and professional desire to ensure better (‘optimized’) government across these agencies at the Federal, State and Local levels.
This is not a 9-5 position but affords the opportunity to lead a critical practice area, manage and lead staff, and the potential to be financially compensated commensurate with the growth of the firm.
Travel likely required monthly to/from Washington and/or other major cities throughout the U.S as required for corporate and/or client engagements.
Functional Responsibility and Required Skills:
- Prior and current experience in business, finance/audit, management, strategy, risk compliance, metrics and/or related functions
- Advanced task management, action management and people skills
- Targeted business development and sales experience in defense/federal markets
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems using data
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with staff, leadership and client
- Experience with risk management and compliance
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based policy management
- Expertise in the areas of performance accountability (metrics) and quality control management
- Advanced knowledge in the use of MS Office (word, ppt, excel), MS Project, MS Visio, and other visualization and analytical software
- Ability to master client applications and then use and interpret the data to help clients make informed decisions
- Critical thinking skills a must
- Experience managing firm and/or client teams of up to 20
- Prior or current experience with conflict negotiation and disruptive behavior management at senior levels of government organizations
- Ability to develop and support leadership of collaborative groups and professional learning communities that use summative, interim, and formative data
- Ability to assist staff in the development and use of assessment practices to improve learning and collective reasoning and decision/thought-logic skills
- Ability to understand and work with staff, leadership and the client to support and achieve goals outlined in the Forge Resiliency in Operations (RESOps) Models
- Desire and ability to participate in and lead staff, team, and individual professional development